Search This Website

Thursday 10 September 2020


 


Kakrala-Kuchia is a gram panchayat in Kaithal district of Haryana. The panchayat is made up of two villages with a population of about 1200 people. Kakrala and Kuchia are both villages to say the least, but they are far ahead of the city in many respects. There are CCTV cameras on the streets, there are solar lights, there is a water cooler, there is a library. Not only that, the children of this gram panchayat speak Hindi, English as well as Sanskrit. All this has been made possible by the village sarpanch Praveen Kaur.


Praveen Kaur grew up in the city, also did engineering from Kurukshetra University, but decided to work for the village instead of working for a multinational company. When she became sarpanch in 2016, she was just 21 years old. He is the youngest Sarpanch of Haryana. Prime Minister Modi has also honored her on Women's Day 2017.


Praveen Kaur has done engineering from Kurukshetra University. She became sarpanch in 2016 at the age of just 21.

He says I grew up in the city, but I already have feelings for my village. Ever since I came to the village as a child, there were no roads, no good school, no drinking water. The women of the village had to travel far and wide to fetch water. After seeing all this, I had decided that if I become something by studying, I will do something for the village.


Speaking of the year 2016, I was doing engineering. Many people from the village came to meet my father and offered to make me the sarpanch. Because then the government had made a rule that only a well-educated person could become a sarpanch and there was no educated person in my village except me. When my dad told me this, I was not ready at first. I thought that I was still too young to handle such a big responsibility. But Dad supported the mind and I was ready for it.


After becoming the Sarpanch, I started visiting the village, meeting people and understanding the problems of the village. A few days later I made a big list of what I had to do. First of all, I leveled the roads and installed water coolers to keep people out of trouble.


Arranged CCTV and solar lights in the village

"The condition of the women of the village was not good when I became the sarpanch," said Praneev. Most of the girls did not go to school. This was a big problem for them. That is why I installed CCTV cameras in the village for the protection of women. There was electricity, but only for a short time. So I arranged for solar lights. Now women and girls can go anywhere without any fear, even at night and during the day.

Read in gujarati news 

The children here speak Sanskrit

The most special thing about this panchayat is that the children here speak Sanskrit language. "We started it in February," Praveen said. Then the Chancellor of Maharshi Valmiki Sanskrit University came to our village. "We want to make your village a Sanskrit village," he said. I said, what could be better than this, then Sanskrit teachers were hired and the study started.




Along with Praveen, 4 other women collaborate in their work. He has formed a separate committee for women. In which the women of the village present their story, expressing their problems.


Panchayat elections are to be held next year. When we asked him about running for re-election, he said, "I want someone from another suitable youth class to get a chance now." It is not right for the same person to have the opportunity again and again. I came with the intention of change and I am glad that to a large extent I succeeded. I haven't thought about what to do next, but I have decided that I will continue to work for the village society.

No comments: