Search This Website

Monday 9 November 2020

My Indian family values ​​have shaped my identity as an Indian Australian woman, I am proud of that: Miss Universe Australia Maria

Interview:My Indian family values ​​have shaped my identity as an Indian Australian woman, I am proud of that: Miss Universe Australia Maria


Miss Universe Australia Maria Thattil.

Indian tourist daughter aspires to win the Universe with positive change
The father said: Do something so that the world will always remember



Maria Thattil, 27, recently won the virtual Miss Universe Australian pageant. She will represent Australia in the 2021 Miss Universe pageant. Maria's mother is from Kolkata and her father is from Kerala. She is also a successful model, make-up artist, fashion stylist and blogger. She says it is Indian values ​​that have shaped her identity as an Indian-Australian woman, including in the East-West.


Also read  How To Convert Apl Ration Card To Bpl Ration Card-Gujarat

Question: Tell us about your Indian connection? When did you come to Australia?
Maria: I think I was born in Kolkata. The father is from Kerala. The couple moved to Melbourne in the early 90's after their marriage in India. Then I was born. My parents also allowed me to adopt Western culture with an Indian atmosphere.

Read:: Gujarat Vahli Dikari Yojana

Question: What memories are associated with India? Maria: She first came to India with her family in 2001 when she was 8 years old. Great meal and meeting my father's family in Kerala was a big surprise. This was a fusion of two cultures. I could not come to India after that. I was supposed to come to Kerala in July this year, but avoided the tour because of Corona.


Divybhaskr news 

Question: How do you consider yourself connected to India?
Maria: As a child, my family's food, dress, and culture were different from Australian society. At the age of 20, I was going through a period of self-rejection. Wanted to leave Indian culture to live in Western society, but now it seems that the idea is in vain. My identity is now that of an Indian-Australian woman, involved in both Eastern and Western cultures.

Question: Have you ever been a victim of apartheid, how did you cope?
Maria: I have also faced gender, racism. I always speak clearly on this issue. I have legally shared my experience on Instagram, the TV series Mind with Me.

No comments: